- 2020年11月8日 8:59 AM#8254Thomas Maiゲスト
The Moor’s Account
by Laila Lalami
- Release date: September 9, 2014
- Publisher: Pantheon
- Author: Laila Lalami
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee for Longlist (2015), Pulitzer Prize Nominee for Fiction (2015), American Book Award (2015), Arab American Book Award for Fiction (2015), David J. Langum Sr. Prize Nominee for American Historical Fiction (Director’s Mention) (2014)
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 321 pages
- Genres: fiction, historical, africa, morocco, novels, literature, spain, adult
- ISBN: 9780307911667 (0307911667)
About The Book
In 1527, the conquistador Pánfilo de Narváez sailed from the port of Sanlúcar de Barrameda with a crew of six hundred men and nearly a hundred horses. His goal was to claim what is now the Gulf Coast of the United States for the Spanish crown and, in the process, become as wealthy and famous as Hernán Cortés.
But from the moment the Narváez expedition landed in Florida, it faced peril — navigational errors, disease, starvation, as well as resistance from indigenous tribes. Within a year there were only four survivors: the expedition’s treasurer, Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca; a Spanish nobleman named Alonso del Castillo Maldonado; a young explorer named Andrés Dorantes de Carranza; and Dorantes’s Moroccan slave, Mustafa al-Zamori, whom the three Spaniards called Estebanico. These four survivors would go on to make a journey across America that would transform them from proud conquistadores to humble servants, from fearful outcasts to faith healers.
EPUB The Moor’s Account Laila Lalami download. Paperback book The Moor’s Account iPhone on Powells. FB2 ebook The Moor’s Account by Laila Lalami read online for PocketBook on Dymocks. Online book The Moor’s Account buy cheap. TXT ebook The Moor’s Account download on Books-a-Million.