- 2020年11月8日 6:26 AM#8239Jules Rushゲスト
The Memory of Light
by Francisco X. Stork
- Author: Francisco X. Stork
- Genres: contemporary, fiction, teen, psychology
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780545474320 (0545474329)
- Release date: January 26, 2016
- Awards: Evergreen Teen Book Award Nominee (2019), Tomás Rivera Mexican American Children’s Book Award (2017), Américas Award Commended Title (2017)
- Publisher: Arthur A. Levine Books
- Format: hardcover, 336 pages
About The Book
16-year-old Vicky Cruz wakes up in a hospital’s mental ward after a failed suicide attempt. Now she must find a path to recovery — and perhaps rescue some others along the way.
When Vicky Cruz wakes up in the Lakeview Hospital Mental Disorders ward, she knows one thing: After her suicide attempt, she shouldn’t be alive. But then she meets Mona, the live wire; Gabriel, the saint; E.M., always angry; and Dr. Desai, a quiet force. With stories and honesty, kindness and hard work, they push her to reconsider her life before Lakeview, and offer her an acceptance she’s never had.
But Vicky’s newfound peace is as fragile as the roses that grow around the hospital. And when a crisis forces the group to split up, sending Vick back to the life that drove her to suicide, she must try to find her own courage and strength. She may not have them. She doesn’t know.
Inspired in part by the author’s own experience with depression, The Memory of Light is the rare young adult novel that focuses not on the events leading up to a suicide attempt, but the recovery from one — about living when life doesn’t seem worth it, and how we go on anyway.
Paperback book The Memory of Light buy cheap on Barnes & Noble. Hardcover ebook The Memory of Light Francisco X. Stork download for iPhone. PDF The Memory of Light read online. Hardback The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork on iPad on Audible.