- 2020年11月8日 10:41 AM#8264Emma Carderゲスト
The Machine Stops
by E.M. Forster
- Author: E.M. Forster
- Format: paperback, 48 pages
- Publisher: Dodo Press
- Language: english
- Awards: Prometheus Hall of Fame Award (2012)
- ISBN: 9781409903291 (140990329X)
- Genres: fiction, classics, dystopia, literature, novella
- Release date: April 25, 2008
About The Book
The Machine Stops is a science fiction short story (12,300 words) by E. M. Forster. After initial publication in The Oxford and Cambridge Review (November 1909), the story was republished in Forster’s The Eternal Moment and Other Stories in 1928.
After being voted one of the best novellas up to 1965, it was included that same year in the populist anthology Modern Short Stories. In 1973 it was also included in The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume Two.
The book is particularly notable for predicting new technologies such as instant messaging and the internet.
Online ebook The Machine Stops. FB2 book The Machine Stops by E.M. Forster download for PC on Powells. FictionBook The Machine Stops E.M. Forster read on Bookshop. Paperback ebook The Machine Stops buy cheap Mac.